Rescape idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is really like doing is having one side be an island and the other have some arches. You could always smash the rocks ups and restart. But there is always uncertanty in that. I also think that a asymmetric design is most natural or realistic looking. You don't see to many reefs with two piles of rocks connected by one arch. Look at some other people's tank and then pick and choose what you like if you can't get it right smash the rocks and try again. That's what I did!!(it was fun too):)

Honestly I like it the way it is... Don't touch a thing!! That's my honest opinion!

It looks natural and very well thought out.

I'd tell ya if I didn't like it, I call it how I see it and I see NOTHING wrong here sorry guys.

Convict2161 said:
Honestly I like it the way it is... Don't touch a thing!! That's my honest opinion!

It looks natural and very well thought out.

I'd tell ya if I didn't like it, I call it how I see it and I see NOTHING wrong here sorry guys.

Lol thanks! Haha i like how it is.... But grant is always griping about it :) haha

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol thanks! Haha i like how it is.... But grant is always griping about it :) haha

Seriously it looks amazing I wouldn't lie to you. Please take a good hard look at your tank and others around. Your tank is very well scaped and put together. I'd be afraid of you changes things you would lose that natural look you have now.

It just stands out. I love the arch. Keep it or at least consider it.

Gboy66 said:
Hey everyone! I want honest opinions on this scape. I really like it, but the arch on the right is what is in question. I love the look, but it isnt 100% stable and it is tough to place coral on it...hence the reason it has nothing except for some Teal polyps that have grown over. Any way, i am considering just taking it down and getting a couple more pieces of rock for it. I would see about building it up against the back wall to give it more of a sloped look. Thoughts?

Feel free to critique the rest of the scape...if you arent saying SOMTHING bad about it then you arent helping! Haha thanks everyone. Heres a pic from the tank as it stands...

I was gonna say that it looks great too, but in the original post Grant said that if we're not saying something bad, we're not helping. So I just kept my mouth shut. :) I really love that arch!! It looks great!!! Wish I had one! Ok...shutting my mouth again. :)

Convict2161 said:
Seriously it looks amazing I wouldn't lie to you. Please take a good hard look at your tank and others around. Your tank is very well scaped and put together. I'd be afraid of you changes things you would lose that natural look you have now.

It just stands out. I love the arch. Keep it or at least consider it.

Aha thanks bro. Your suggestions are always top notch. I really like it, i do, but im tryig to think long term here and about coral placements! That arch just isnt great for adding frags too! Its high up so could burn zoas and softies, but is too unstable for glueing and such. I dunno!

Beengirl said:
I was gonna say that it looks great too, but in the original post Grant said that if we're not saying something bad, we're not helping. So I just kept my mouth shut. :) I really love that arch!! It looks great!!! Wish I had one! Ok...shutting my mouth again. :)

Lol you are too nice! Thanks :D

Ok then.... Hmmm....

How about this, take the arch out, build up two nice stacks on each side and a smaller stack in the middle leaving a little space between the stacks?

Make say the left side a cave at the bottom and the right side another cave maybe mid way?

The stack in the center no cave but you'll have real estate for low light corals, the 2 taller stacks on rash side you'll have real estate for medium to high light because one stack will be taller then the other.

Clean the from up and leave it open for sand bed corals, maybe one piece of small rock on the bed to frags that can be next to each other. With the center stack you can start say a zoa garden an the sides your SPS rand LPS.

Just a thought but I like it the way it is lol.

I like the arch
dont mess it up
I rearranged once didn't like it so figured I go back with what I had
you know what it was never the same and I regret it as many times I tried to recreate what I had it never worked out right
just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom