Restarting 20 gal stock help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaw1218

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm restarting my 20 gal tank. I've had my 20 gal for over half a year until one day I come home after school and see all of them dead. The tank was in optimal condition I had no idea what happened, anyways I'm deciding to start again. I need help stocking, I had a few neon tetras, a few red eyed tetras and a beta fish. This time around I don't want any of those fish so don't recommend them. Thanks for the help guys so what should I stock it with this time? Money isn't an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think I would try and find out what happened to other fish . Maybe an electrical issue from faulty equipment , or a chemical issue . You didn't say if you were tearing down and starting over or just adding fish to existing setup .

I think I would try and find out what happened to other fish . Maybe an electrical issue from faulty equipment , or a chemical issue . You didn't say if you were tearing down and starting over or just adding fish to existing setup .

New set up

Oh , good . I think I would still check out the electrical equip .

Sudden death like this... I mean how can it happen if it wasn't some toxic substances that got in the water??

Maybe go with a gold fish or some dwarf gourami this time?

Get some Platys or Mollies . Lots of color variations and they are tough...lol

Sword tails, mollies, dwarf gouramis, guppies, German blue rams. Even get a smaller pleco.

This is my 20g high. It's all live plants. Dwarf gourami, sword tail, harlequin rasboras, gold mystery snail, red cherry shrimp, albino bn pleco.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1476085677570.jpg
    1476085677570.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 74
Sword tails, mollies, dwarf gouramis, guppies, German blue rams. Even get a smaller pleco.

This is my 20g high. It's all live plants. Dwarf gourami, sword tail, harlequin rasboras, gold mystery snail, red cherry shrimp, albino bn pleco.

How much can I put in a 20 g?

Mine is over stocked but I take care of it accordingly. I do extra water changes, I have heavy plants for more oxygen and I run double filtration.

I'm at like 125% overstocked and it doesn't seem to affect the fish.

Right now I have
1 - dwarf grouami
6 - harlequin rasboras
1 - albino bn pleco
1 - sword tail
1 - black mollie
2 - black neon tetras
2 - Kuhli loaches

Some of the fish were rescue fish from my girlfriend who doesn't know how to stock her tanks so there were compatibility issues. I definitely didn't plan to overstock, it just happened.

If you wanna know down to the T, what you can have. Aqadvisor.com is the best

Back
Top Bottom