Restocking 92 Gallon Planted Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourJustice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my parents have a beautiful 92 gallon planted aquarium, and they want some more fish so i need some suggestions on what to add!

currently there are:
2 adult discus
5 cardinal tetras
5 rummy nose
2 cory cats
2 yo yo loaches,
3 zebra loaches

i was definitely going to beef up the tetra schools, and maybe add some bleeding heart tetras.

i'm looking for some fish that get bigger and swim more in the open water (top feeders), i'd like to add maybe 3 more discus but i was unsure if the current discus would appreciate that or not, plus they are so expensive i think i'd rather go with something HARDY

any suggestions?

discus cardinal rummy nose cories and i think the loaches all do better in schools. unless the discus is a mated pair. i would look to add to the schooling fish before looking to add new species.

i was planning on building up the school for sure!

dwarf cichlids are exactly what i would like actually! problem is they are all so fragile. blue rams are a nightmare, and recently i've learned from having the gold rams in there that they are just as hardy as the blues :( had 7 gold rams and they thrived great for awhile, i even use 100% RO water on the tank and they all died one after the other in a week, after about 3 months of having them

i was thinking trying bolivian rams but frankly i'm scared to!

i have heard african butterfly cichlids or kribensis are easy to keep and relatively peaceful, anyone know anything about those?

Bolivians are hardy and you should go for those.Kribensis are not peaceful when mating,but I guess that does also depend on personalities.Try some cockatoo cichlids,put them at the end of the stocking list if you do get them.

Back
Top Bottom