Returning member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P0tluck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've really never left but I haven't been posting /replying as I had a stroke in 2019 which led to my tank being absolutely destroyed, plants dead, 4' hair algae clumps, fish made it luckily ya couple more days in the hospital and they wouldn't have , gsa that still isn't gone, but I'm alive and getting back into it.

I've been working on the tank since my stroke but can't do much at one time and I've had the hardest time getting things to grow again, I don't know if the plants are too far gone or what.

I'll Post some pictures from before my stroke and when I got home and to now in that order. FB_IMG_1597424366572.jpg20200111_212225.jpg20200101_144810.jpg20200111_212239.jpg20200101_144822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's it now, still have a lot to do, kinda really don't want to not try anymore but I know I can get it back if I work at it 20210901_173620.jpg20210901_173608.jpg

Hey hello!

Welcome back. Glad you persisted through the stroke. You must have had to do some hard work. Happy you have come back to post your tank.

Hey hello!

Welcome back. Glad you persisted through the stroke. You must have had to do some hard work. Happy you have come back to post your tank.
It's been a very very very very hard road, my tank doesn't really grow plants anymore and I don't know why, I'm trying to replace my heater but can't find a good normal thermostat heater I can mount horizontal that will work with my inkbird all the heaters are digital now [emoji58], I just put 5 new anubias in the tank but 2 literally turned to mush in a week and I don't know why, this hobby is annoying at times.

Ah, that's true. Annoying. I have a bush of BBA on my previously prized Coffeefolia. So I know all too well!

As for your recovery process, I am so glad you made so much progress.

Ah, that's true. Annoying. I have a bush of BBA on my previously prized Coffeefolia. So I know all too well!

As for your recovery process, I am so glad you made so much progress.
Tyvm I had every algae known to the hobby after a 13 day hospital stay where my roommate left my fluval 3.0 on 100% 24/7 and fed a half of big can of fish food in 13 days lol, my parameters when I got home were like yikes lol, my ammonia was like 2ppm nitrite was 1ppm nitrate was like 80 it was a mess, my poor plants too ugh, plants are expensive lol, hey curious, if you have the fluval 3.0 if you have blue up to high it will cause bba, I just read that a few months ago. People don't run over 5% anymore

In other tanks I have noticed the algae and brown algae from blue lights.

My fam left most my tanks lights on all day for about 10 days earlier this year. And it was messy. I had a trip away and left little pill boxes of food each day for feeding so not a half container of food fed, which would have been really terrible!!! Of course I had planned the trip in advance, so had that making it less worse.

Used to have the Fluval Sea for my little nano tank. Now have Ecoxotic LED lights.

Back
Top Bottom