Returning to the hobby after a few years away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lapintoxic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to re-introduce myself as I have been out of the hobby and forum for a long time. I started the hobby back in 2011 and I believe I step away in 2013 after moving to a new house.

Since them, I have been keeping my eyes out to buy an used acrylic tank but good deals are hard to come by and I just can't justify paying full price for a brand new tank.
Anyway, about a week ago I found a Craigslist add for a 55G acrylic tank with acrylic stand and canopy. I could not pass this opportunity and I checked out the tank (made by Seaclear). It was in a good shape but needed some buffing (no problem, I had some Novus from another project that ended up not living to my expectation). So I got the tank back home and started getting it all clean up and I am pretty happy with the results (with minimal work) but I will open a separate thread to talk about the set up.

I look forward to see you all around (probably in the cichlids section),
Flo

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Thank you guys. I am glad to be back. I will open a new post to show the progress on my new build and some of the DIY project that will go with it.

I have posted a pic in the new acquisition forum but here it is for your eyes. This is not a great picture and it was before buffing it out with the Novus (have not taken any other pictures yet)

Attachments

• IMG_20160508_183359705.jpg
    IMG_20160508_183359705.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom