Revisiting the idea of connecting two tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think if i made something like that for my bichirs they would love it. They are so playful. Even if it was just a 2" wide tube they couldnt turn around in.

wait next project...
a fish ball...the equvilant of the hamster ball for fish! haha. Just dont put at the top of stairs or next to a dog...

ROFL at the fish ball. you could just put them outside and send them to the park!

the tower is neat, too. i saw something similar to that on a website, where a guy had made a clear tower in a fishpond, so that the fish could have a glimpse of the world above the surface of the water. i thought that was such a neat idea, to be imagining their perspective like that.

It would be awesome to have them linked, especially with the 4" piping. Maybe I will try this with my 10 gallon tanks once I get the algae problem licked. I know the price is rediculous but they do exist. I personally plan to find a plastic tube like the one from the link above and do it that way. If I ever have the money to make a raceway I will have them running in circles between reef tanks in my beachfront home.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=54&Page=1

I know the prices suck but had to post the site just in case somebody has money, unlike me, to get the tubing.

You could try something like this. I make my own tank tops with a big sheet of plastic. I don't know what you'd do if the tank needed a light.
img_596498_0_e5264bb38a3d1039497485985f187007.jpg
I guess if it were heavy you'd need something elso holding it up, the sides wouldn't need anything stronger to hold them out though.

This is my plan for the small 2.5 gallon tanks. Looks better in my mind than on paper though.
img_596502_0_817cfefb20a6dfce8610c86b9c35e2a3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom