rid ich plus???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Last night I noticed a few ich spots on my white skirt tetra. Today my other fish have signs of ich. I bought kordon ridich plus to treat the tank. I am worried about my albino Cory cats my rubber lip plecos and male and female African dwarf frogs. The tank has be going since Feb 12 this year. Everything was fine till I brought this new little rubber lip home. Any advice would be great I know the frogs can't handle salt and the whole tank needs treated.

Try the heat only method: raise temps to 89 degrees for at least two weeks. Keep up with your tank maintenance while the heat is high (change your water, clean out filters, etc.)

Ok so I finally got to my display tank and changed 10 gallons of water tonight and removed all the decorations but a couple. I removed the carbon and added prime and stress coat along with the ridick plus also raised temp to about 83°F or so. I hope I don't loose any of my little buddies :(

Ok so I finally got to my display tank and changed 10 gallons of water tonight and removed all the decorations but a couple. I removed the carbon and added prime and stress coat along with the ridick plus also raised temp to about 83°F or so. I hope I don't loose any of my little buddies :(

You don't need to use rid-ich at all, just use high heat. Also, I forgot to mention that you need to add a large airstone to supplement the O2 since raising temps reduces the O2 in the water. If you insist using drugs, make sure you monitor your fish since adding drugs also depletes O2. You may need to add 2 airstones.

I have a bubble wand and air pump for up to 40 gallons that I'm using. I had ich in another tank that only had 4 platies. I used the heat and salt method and lost everyone but the one I had the longest. She's still alive and great bout three weeks pregnant. I hope I have better results this go around. That's why I am trying drugs with the heat. I will keep you posted. Going to turn in will update in morning and let you know how they are. Thank you for the advice :)

I have a bubble wand and air pump for up to 40 gallons that I'm using. I had ich in another tank that only had 4 platies. I used the heat and salt method and lost everyone but the one I had the longest. She's still alive and great bout three weeks pregnant. I hope I have better results this go around. That's why I am trying drugs with the heat. I will keep you posted. Going to turn in will update in morning and let you know how they are. Thank you for the advice :)

Oh I see. Rid Ich Plus should work then with a slightly increased temp. Keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom