Rimless Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatic_Adam

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it just me, or is anything done in a rimless aquarium look at least 3x better than a normal.

I'm a freshie, so I don't know the opinions of the salties out there, but when I see a piece of driftwood and some plantage in a rimless, it just instantly looks like a show piece aquarium.

Any other opinions?

Predfan27 said:
Is it just me, or is anything done in a rimless aquarium look at least 3x better than a normal.

I'm a freshie, so I don't know the opinions of the salties out there, but when I see a piece of driftwood and some plantage in a rimless, it just instantly looks like a show piece aquarium.

Any other opinions?

Well many salties use a canopy of sort to keep the bright lights out the eyes so in that situation rimless doesn't mean much. But they can be pretty sharp but also comes with a larger price tag. For me nothing wrong with a standard tank, but thats me.

Predfan27 said:

Any other opinions?

I agree! :) the rimless look is addicting! I envy those people who can afford the ada tanks an all the high tech goodies! My only rimless tank is a five gal fluval chi that I might turn into my high tech tank, I'm growing tired of the stock light/filter combo.

Schism said:
Well many salties use a canopy of sort to keep the bright lights out the eyes so in that situation rimless doesn't mean much. But they can be pretty sharp but also comes with a larger price tag. For me nothing wrong with a standard tank, but thats me.

I agree, I only have rimmed aquariums atm. But something about rimless is just...beautiful. Maybe it's just a planted tank thing :D

I prefer one with a rim, because I'm a worry wart and imagine a panel just becoming unglued at the top and opening like a mailbox.

Maybe that's impossible, I know very little of how those are assembled.

Back
Top Bottom