RIP Benvolio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Benvolio, my acei with Columnaris has passed away. I believe he did so last night, because I didn't see him this morning. Anyway, I got melafix and prima fix today and I'm going to continue treating the tank, with salt and an aerator, as I see my other acei have already developed some columnaris on their mouthes.

You should have named him Mercutio. What a shame.
"No, 'tis not so deep as a well, nor so wide as a
church-door; but 'tis enough,'twill serve: ask for
me to-morrow, and you shall find me a grave man. I
am peppered, I warrant, for this world. A plague o'
both your houses! 'Zounds, a dog, a rat, a mouse, a
cat, to scratch a man to death! a braggart, a
rogue, a villain, that fights by the book of
arithmetic! Why the devil came you between us? I
was hurt under your arm." Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare.

Oh well, you just can't stop nature, mate.

Thanks everyone. I do have one named mercutio (and one named Leonardo (DiCaprio), who played romeo in the newest version) however they are starting to develop columnaris on his lip. I started Melafix and Primafix treatment today, and I pray that it cures them.

Thanks guys, although I can't help feeling a little down. I became quite attached to the little guy in the 3 days I had him.

Yeah I know (to dk and etunes). I'm gonna try to call the pet store tomorrow. They only have a 24 hr guarantee but I tried calling thursday, the day after I got them, to tell her something was wrong but no one answered. My dad says if she doesn't give me a replacement I'm not allowed to get anymore fish there, even though it's like the only place that sells acei around here (and that isn't a chain store). I need to find a better store lol. I'd like to have 2 more acei although I don't wanna go through this again :/.

Back
Top Bottom