RIP CRAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how would I go upon the cycle question once I get the xp3 and the new tank should I transfer everythign to the new tank my water my fish and the current bio wheel hook up xp3 let it run for a bit then add more water then add little bit of fish at a time?

Are you using the same gravel? If you are, fill tank with clean water, dechlorinate it, then move the gravel over, along with the biowheel and all the fish. You will be fine. Then just hook up the XP3 and let it run with the biowheel for a couple weeks.

I'm looking into this one as well anyone know anything about these guys will they clean the bottom of un eatin food

Hypancistrus zebra
Zebra Pleco, Imperial Pleco

yup, you sure can mix it, and it will do just fine. I'd probably put the new stuff on the bottom, then the cycled gravel over the top.

so for my fish choice what gravel is better the nice clean round pea rocks or pool sand? or maybe a darker sand?

With that selection, you could go either way, gravel or sand. Pool filter sand is quite nice, and easy to maintain, where gravel you need to constantly gravel vac. With pool filter sand, there's no large rocks where all the bad stuff goes and collects. And if you have enough current, will even keep the poo and stuff afloat til the filter gets it. I love the sand in my 55G.

pool sand is kind of white isnt it? how can i go upon using pool sand and something else to darken a bit

hi again....

Here's pool filter sand.

tank1.jpg

There's also black sand you can get from the lfs. I've never tried it, but some people like the look of a black sand bottom as well.

Back
Top Bottom