RIVERCATS 220G Transformation Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rivercats, What is this plant?? I really really want to get some but can't find it.

I circled it in yellow.
67720-albums11716-picture53753.jpg

The is some small starts of Pogostemon helferi. Here's a better picture of it alittle bigger but when it fills in it makes a very tight about 2-1/2" tall thick spreading carpet. Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g 12-1-2012 - Picture.

I thought I had you on a list for some?

Not a stem suggestion, but i think it would look beautiful in your aquarium

Hi RIVERCATS, i love your aquarium. Truly beautiful, inspiring actually. In response to any suggestion, i do not have a stem plant suggestion but a bulb plant rather.

- Crinium calimastratum

I currently house this plant as one of the focal points in my aquarium. Seeing how big and healthy your tank looks, i can't imagen how a centerpiece, or focal point this plant would be.

i only suggest because it is by far one of my favorite plants :wave:

Hi RIVERCATS, i love your aquarium. Truly beautiful, inspiring actually. In response to any suggestion, i do not have a stem plant suggestion but a bulb plant rather.

- Crinium calimastratum

I currently house this plant as one of the focal points in my aquarium. Seeing how big and healthy your tank looks, i can't imagen how a centerpiece, or focal point this plant would be.

i only suggest because it is by far one of my favorite plants :wave:

I actually have a couple Crinium Calimastratums in my goldie tanks. Just couldn't get them to fit into the 220 scape. I've changed alot on the tank recently and did alittle more the other day and have more plants coming in this week. Once it's done and filled in it is going to look alot different with alot more stem plants than before. Glad you joined us here!

I'm getting the rest (hopefully) of my plants in this week and once they are in I am going to get more shots and actually post them this time.. lol! I've tightened some of the plant groupings up and am really trying to get a more heavily influenced Dutch type look with the stem plants. Thanks for asking!

Just been reading all the posts on this thread and was wondering, why isn't the apongeton crispus red not available here in the US? Where is it available?

Tank pics look awesome Rivercats!

Just been reading all the posts on this thread and was wondering, why isn't the apongeton crispus red not available here in the US? Where is it available?

Tank pics look awesome Rivercats!

Thanks the tank is getting there.

There are alot of plants available overseas that aren't available here. It's maddening. I was doing some reseach on the regular Apongeton Crispus and ran across some info about how under high lighting it can actually get a reddish hue to it. I almost ordered one with this last plant order to test the theory but couldn't figure out where I'd put it.

I've been sick so had let the tank growth slide some. The other day tho I really got in and trimmed the heck out of everything (and trimmed off alot of the top colored growth) so when the plants grow alittle bit of color back in I need to take a full tank shot as all the new plants I added have really grow alot for the most part and the tank is beginning to take shape. FInally have an HC/dwarf baby tear carpet in the front of the tank!!! And it appears that the Diandra might be getting ready to flower, which would be kind of cool. Overall I'm happy with the new plants I added and how they are filling in.

I've been sick so had let the tank growth slide some. The other day tho I really got in and trimmed the heck out of everything (and trimmed off alot of the top colored growth) so when the plants grow alittle bit of color back in I need to take a full tank shot as all the new plants I added have really grow alot for the most part and the tank is beginning to take shape. FInally have an HC/dwarf baby tear carpet in the front of the tank!!! And it appears that the Diandra might be getting ready to flower, which would be kind of cool. Overall I'm happy with the new plants I added and how they are filling in.

I am glad things are going well for you! I will keep an eye out for that FTS.

Adding a few more new plants next week and will be excited to see how they do.....

Ludwigia Senegalensis
Rotala Mini Butterfly
Persicaria sp. 'Kawagoeanum'
Aciotis acuminifolia

They're not typical plants most people use in thier tanks but am looking forward to trying something new that I've never worked with before.

Adding a few more new plants next week and will be excited to see how they do.....

Ludwigia Senegalensis
Rotala Mini Butterfly
Persicaria sp. 'Kawagoeanum'
Aciotis acuminifolia

They're not typical plants most people use in thier tanks but am looking forward to trying something new that I've never worked with before.

I can't wait to see pictures. :)

Thanks all for the kind words! I am excited to give something totally new a try!

Back
Top Bottom