ro/di filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidlyme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I see a lot of posts about these filters and the benifets from using ro water. I would like to get one of these filters if it means a healthier, happier tank.
I looked them up online and I have what is probably a stupid question. :oops: Does this get piped in with the main aquarium accessories, or do you filter the water directly from the faucet? The tubing I saw on the ro filter websites looked like 1/4 inch. The pvc and tubing for my tank is all 1/2-3/4 inch. I'm not even sure how I would connect it.
Also I would appreciate if anyone could recomend a good brand?

thanks a lot!!

The typical setup is to filter water from the faucet and store it in a plastic container for later use...water changes, ect... There are several different ways to connect it to your water supply. I would recommend Aqua FX.

I just bought a RO/DI system off e-bay and installed it a couple of days ago. I hooked it to the cold water line under the kitchen sink. That way I can use it for both drinking water and the aquarium. My unit came with everything I needed to connect it and detailed instructions.

I just bought a RO/DI system off e-bay and installed it a couple of days ago. I hooked it to the cold water line under the kitchen sink. That way I can use it for both drinking water and the aquarium. My unit came with everything I needed to connect it and detailed instructions.

You can also get a hose adaptor to use on your washing machine hook up. Very easy hook up. You just need a duel hose adaptor from HD of Lowes $5, and your good to go. You do need to order the hose adaptor from on line unless you have a local place where they sell them. Most RO units use the quick connect , john Guest fittings.

Back
Top Bottom