RO/DI system necessary for a 35g reef tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so i am just setting up my first saltwater tank and was really confused about the RO systems and how they take out impurities and metals stuff like that but isnt that what water conditioners do? Also i am on sort of a budget and looked at ebay and saw that they cost around 100-200$.

A ro di system uses reverse osmosis that filters the water on a molecular level. It takes out all the hard metals that water conditioners just don't do. When your investing so much into a salt water tank it's best to get the best quality water to it. Don't do what we did and learn the hard way and that was just with a freshwater tank. Get the system I do recommend or use ro water from your Lfs or distiller water from your local grocery store .

A ro di system uses reverse osmosis that filters the water on a molecular level. It takes out all the hard metals that water conditioners just don't do. When your investing so much into a salt water tank it's best to get the best quality water to it. Don't do what we did and learn the hard way and that was just with a freshwater tank. Get the system I do recommend or use ro water from your Lfs or distiller water from your local grocery store .

Thanks i will look into some more RO systems and check all of the LFS's to see if the have somthing cheaper than the stuff on ebay

"Good system ain't cheap and a cheap system ain't good" good luck my friend

Back
Top Bottom