RO/DI unit. Any good suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmye4fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm tired of having to go to the LFS for 25 gallons of saltwater every weekend and 10 gallons of RO/DI. Seems about time I start mixing my own water. Looking for an under sink model and don't want to break the bank but also want a pretty good unit. I've done a little searching and it's like buying a new car. They all promise this and that blah blah blah. I would like to hear from people that own one and recommend it. Thanks!

I was in the same boat then I got the coralife unit. It does 50 gpd which is plenty for my 90. Super easy hookup, & its not a thousand dollars! I'd say its one of my "best practical" purchases.

Check Amazons pricing too that's where I got mine

Check this out on AMZN: Coralife 05692 Pure-Flo II 50-Gallon Per Day 4 Stage RO/DI Sys... http://amzn.com/B0006JKO9W

Thanks! I like both systems. Now to decide which one. These trips to the LFS are getting old. It's only 10 miles each way but we have 4 kids and we are always busy. I'm sure most can relate. Thanks again!

If you lived in the UK i could recommend osmotics as they are established and have their own site, so parts and possible repairs wouldnt be a problem. Buying an unbranded ro unit of ebay is of concern to me for afew different reasons, weather theyre justified i dont know.

Are they pretty easy to install? I'm not a plumber but I have been known to show my crack on occasion. LOL. I'm one of those where I will try it three times myself before I pay anyone else to do it.

Are they pretty easy to install? I'm not a plumber but I have been known to show my crack on occasion. LOL. I'm one of those where I will try it three times myself before I pay anyone else to do it.

They are really easy to install. Plenty of videos on the tube.

Yup. Bulk Reef Supply has a ton of videos on installation as well. Takes a few minutes and a screw driver.

Back
Top Bottom