RO/DI water from the store?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeenReefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got the 29 gallon out of the garage a few days ago and got everything cleaned up.....last time i ran into a bunch of problems with PO4 levels in my well water, leading to a whole mess of troubles with diatom blooms and uncontrolable algea growth. I dont want to invest in an RO/DI unit, and was wondering if i can just use the water from the store, assuming its RO/DI. I might be able to get water through my chem. teacher as well, i think they have a unit at school for all the water we use in lab. Will either of these work?

Sure. Any RO/DI water source should work as long as the filters are kept up. In the long run however it's usually cheaper and easier to just get one for yourself. Transporting water is not fun...

I would maybe check it out with some water checks first to make sure they are changing filters.

If you can manage it I would suggest getting a unit for yourself! They aren't as expensive as it's going to be for you to buy/transport that water! Look on Ebay, that's where I got mine!

If you can trust the source than you should be fine but keep in mind that the filter is only good if the store employees are monitoring the levels and changing the filters as needed.

Back
Top Bottom