RO Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long should a Shurflow 100 gpd last?

I have had mine for 1 1/2 yrs. we are on a well and the setup is after a Culligan water softener.

The pump does not engage at any pressure. Water just flows thru, I did not realize till this am after eing away for 2 days and the well run dry, but the well has since come back since I shut off the flow to the RO.

Any ideas on what to do, or just buy a new one.

Your well ran dry. I dont know how thse pumps are rigged up but will they cut off when there is no water flowing thru them? If not then its possible the pump burnt up after the supply of water to it stopped.

So I should just buy another pump in your best guess. The pump doesn't turn on.
The well running dry was an end result of the pump not working properly. Even now if I turn the valve feeding the RO system water will flow thru the system, but the pump will not come on, even at 20 lbs of pressure

Hmm...I'd probably want to check the pressure switch before I spent the $$ for a new pump. Can you bypass it just to check the pump motor? If it runs that way, you should be able to pick up a pressure switch for a lot less than a new pump. Worth a try anyway.

Back
Top Bottom