RO systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mjarrett4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am getting ready to build 130gallon system (65 gal DT) and am trying to wrap my head around the ro system and how it will function. I currently have a hague RO drinking water system and it is located in the same room all of my equipment will be in. That's good, now for the questions. Do I need to attach di to the system, and where would it go? Would I split my line before the holding tank or after? Is there a way to use this system in an auto fill capacity? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks MJ

Cant help on all but i would definitely not hook it up and an autofill because if something goes wrong on the auto top off then your going to keep pumping water into the tank

I will be pumping into a trash can for my water changes. It will be plumbed to overflow into the drain for the ro system, so no flood, just wasted water! I am thinking I should put the di unit in front of the tank, with a tee so that the di water does not get into the ro tank thoughts? Also the sump will have an overflow into the grain as well, so if an auto top off goes bonkers, I will just have the issue de salination to deal with. I am hoping I will be able to monitor all of this with a reef keeper, which opens a whole new list of questions! Are there any thoughts on my ideas there?

Back
Top Bottom