Rock question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denwhite16

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought some base rock a little more than a month ago, to add in with the little bit of LR I had in my tank. I'm starting to see some pink and green dots on it now. Is this coraline algae starting to grow on it? Or is it something menacing that I should try and nip in the bud?

I am watching this one to what kind of answer you get. I started a tank 6 weeks ago with 40 lbs of live sand, 20 lbs of live rock and 10 lbs of base rock. Most of the base rock is doing the same. I assume it is becoming live rock but would love to know for sure.

My coraliine started as little white dots, then turned green then turned purple. I think you should be fine. :)

While this video was taken to show how my Emerald Crab likes to dance for us :) it also gives a good idea of how my base rock is changing. When I bought it, it was stark white. Now you can see the color changes. There are a few spots that are bright pink but most of it is just shaded.

Dancing Emerald Crab 1 - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom