RODI unit help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that's a big drop in pressure. I don't even keep my sink all the way up.

You shouldnt drink much ro/di water unless using it with something like tea or coffee as it is actually not very good for you but if you drink coffee make a pot with tap then make a pot with Ro/Di and you'll be amazed.

LoL that's all we use anymore for coffee, and cooking!

you are fine - getting the right export and it is hooked up. So good to go

If I make say 100 gallons of ro water.. Put it in a tub and put a power head in it.. Will it last a month or better. Or will it go bad?

Ro/Di water as long as it isn't contaminated by anything has an indefinite shelf life.

Good deal. Just got my unit today. And I'm buying a 100 gallon Rubbermaid tub to cure my rock. After cure I planned to use it for my ro .. But I only go thru 25-30 gallons a week

just check with your TDS meter and do the "smell check" - if you get 0 on both you should be all set

If you shouldn't drink it why is it OK for coffee? I ordered one and am very excited to use in my coffee, since I drink a pot a day, but don't want to get sick.

When you use it for coffee or tea you are adding minerals back to the water. The Ro/Di water acts like a sponge since its free of anything. This is what makes it so good for wiping down glass like the front of your tank.

So if I had a little bit of old saltwater in the bottom of the jug will it ruin the RoDi water.

Also if anyone wants to check out my YouTube Chanel here it is.

depends on how much.... best thing to do is rinse with tap water after saltwater is in the container, then rinse with a small amount of RODI and pour down the drain. Then use the container to store fresh water.

It's a five gallon jug and there was only a little at the bottom. I'll just use it then I clean the jug with some RO water.

I just tested my tap water for tds. It's 300 ppm and tap water primed sitting since Sunday night is at 189 ppm... My to unit will b hooked up soon!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom