Room in my tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuhli Loach

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do I have anymore room in my tank??? If so what fish should I get??? Cory Cats too much???

4 zebra danios, 1 opaline gourami, 1 bristlenose pleco, 34Kuhli loaches, 1 dalmation molly, 1 snakeskin gourami, 1 mystery snail. It should be my signature???

Kuhli Loach said:
4 zebra danios, 1 opaline gourami, 1 bristlenose pleco, 34Kuhli loaches, 1 dalmation molly, 1 snakeskin gourami, 1 mystery snail. It should be my signature???

34 kuhli loaches hahaha i hope your kidding!

Lol, I am guessing you meant 3 kuhlis like the sig says.
It depends. Do you still have the giant castle in the tank that you talked about before?

Whoops, I actually have 4, and yes I still have the castle but the other side is pretty open.

Whoops, I actually have 4, and yes I still have the castle but the other side is pretty open.
Can you get a rough measurement of the space still available on the tank bottom? You certainly have a gallons to supprt more fish, but I don't know which ones with the castle. Pictures would help too.

A lot of my fish are young and small

Attachments

• image-1171484009.jpg
    image-1171484009.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 61
But in a few months when they grow you dont wanna have to get rid of your kuli loaches because all of ur fish got big ;)
Think about how big they will be, not how big they are now

A lot of my fish are young and small
Well, thats a pretty big castle. Honestly, I would recommend you just sticking with a few more kuhlis rather than getting corys. But, if you want corys, I suggest you get a smaller species like panda or julii and stick with 4 of them. :) If you think more would be ok after you have had them for awhile, then feel free to get a few more. I remember you said the castle is hollow, so corys could probably go in there too. Its always good to start with a base school and then add later if you have room IMO.

What kind of filtration are you running? If it's good enough, I'd say you probably have room for bottom-mid tank schooler such as neons or glowlights.

Cories are shoalers and should be stocked in groups of 6, or 4 at the very least. With that large decor in there I would skip the cories and probably stick with just the kuhlis for the bottom.

Kuhlis do best in groups of 5 or more so I would get another. Your substrate doesn't look like the best for them though. Kuhlis need sand or small smooth stones.

Danios are schoolers so you want to have atleast 6 of those. I don't know the dimensions of your tank but in the pic it doesn't really look long enough for danios. I would say they need a tank atleast 30" long or so.

How about for now, 1 more Kuhli and 3 panda cats? I could always get a few more cats later.

How about for now, 1 more Kuhli and 3 panda cats? I could always get a few more cats later.
If you want corys in that tank, then pandas are one of your better choices. I still say no corys would be better though.

@siva, I keep kuhlis on regular gravel without an issue. IME, its fine as long as you give them caves and such to hide in and bury decor into the gravel so the kuhlis won't be tempted to try and dig under it. Caves and plants really seem to fulfill their burrowing needs though. I do know its recommended to use sand with them, but I haven't found gravel to be an issue in my circumstances.

I have a Penn plax 30-50 undergravel filter with loach protection bars on so my kuhlis can't get in. I'm going tomorrow so I would like to know what to get as soon as possible.

I have a Penn plax 30-50 undergravel filter with loach protection bars on so my kuhlis can't get in. I'm going tomorrow so I would like to know what to get as soon as possible.
We both gave you suggestions on what to get. I am not sure what else to tell you...

Oh, I see, I'm sorry I'm just really tired... I'll see if my filtration is good enough, if so I'll see if they have any tetras, glolights are too expensive, at my store they are 5 bucks a fish. And if not then I'll just get a few more kuhlis...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom