Root for / dissolve plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got bacopa and the fish ate it. I got SAG grass, LG and Small and the roots are fine but fish eat it and the plants melt. The only plants that seem to survive are ferns and anubis. I hate both. Plants are expensive. I want grasses which is why I got SAG. I could try Val next,
How do i keep it alive
40g all live plants
Catfish tank. 2 Featherfin, 2 petrocola, 6 panda garra, 1 USD, 6 guppies

Filter size?
Substrate type?
What ferts are you dosing?
Root tabs?
What lighting do you have?
Pressurised co2?

Filter size?
Substrate type?
What ferts are you dosing?
Root tabs?
What lighting do you have?
Pressurised co2?
Fluval 406 and tidal 110
Gravel
Root tabs, iron excel
No co2
High light from some German company 10k and specific grow light t5

You can't have intense light with just excel. If you want to have high light plants you will need either DIY co2 or pressurised.

What's your nitrates at?

Do you dose any macro nutrients? Nitrogen, potassium, phosphate etc?

Also I'd suggest a nutrient Rich substrate like Ada soil or fluval stratum, topica, etc etc

You can't have intense light with just excel. If you want to have high light plants you will need either DIY co2 or pressurised.

What's your nitrates at?

Do you dose any macro nutrients? Nitrogen, potassium, phosphate etc?

Also I'd suggest a nutrient Rich substrate like Ada soil or fluval stratum, topica, etc etc
Potassium yes. I've had this set up going on 6 yrs now. Not going to change substrate. Way too much trouble. Fishy are going to dig up plants nonetheless. I've never had trouble like this... I've successfully had crypts with all this and they have a reputation of hard to keep alive.....
No co2
I don't test water levels. Never had trouble thus far. I have the kits just don't do it..

Back
Top Bottom