Root Tab In Terra Cotta Pots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aoessand

Aquarium Advice Activist
is it ok to put them in the pot with swords and other root eaters? the pots are 3" i believe

My GF is a neurotic vacuumer in her betta tanks. She kept disturbing the roots of her crypts and messing up the root tabs, so put them into pots. Works fine. It's especially nice for smaller plants like crypts, but you would need a much larger pot for a crypt.

Although not the perfect route, pots make it easy to take care of your plants, move them around to new places, and create places to hide.
img_1890035_0_c280b2a52803788b1be535bda922c6f5.jpg

Remember that some swords will get very large. Plan their pots accordingly.

You might also consider getting some plant substrate. Doing a whole tank can be expensive, but you can fill a ton of pots with a single bag of plant substrate. It would really complement the root tabs.

hmm well if they get really big ill get bigger pots, its only a 50 gallon tank, and unfortunately i had not found this site before i purchased my gravel else i would have went with PFS and just mixed that in with it. would putting the plant substrate in the pots with the root tabs be ok? and should i mix the plant substrate with the rock gravel? my original plan was to put the root eating plants in pots and cover the pots with gravel and or driftwood with Anubis tied to it and also would Anubis do ok tied to pots? rofl im tryn to hide the pots as much as possible.

You could just mix the gravel and plant substrate, I mixed ecocomplete with black gravel and its hardly noticeable. I don't really understand the reason for using the pots, if you are just going to bury them the level of maintenance will be about the same, if not more than just planting into the substrate.

Plants been in pots few days now swords look a million times better. Heck everything looks better since I added the tabs

Back
Top Bottom