Rope Fish and Dragon Goby's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm waiting for black friday to roll around so I can pick up a 75 gallon going on sale at my LFS. If I don't get there in time, I'm going to purchase a 55 gallon instead.

My question is, I currently have a juvenile Dragon Goby in my 20 high. My girlfriend bought it without my presence and I told her, it won't fit in her 10 gallon but she wanted one because they look cool. So I have it here temporarily until I get my bigger aquarium purchased and running.

I also want a rope fish when I get my larger tank. I heard that rope fish are very peaceful but also better kept in groups of two or more. Also, I see a lot of posts on here about people's rope fish getting sick and their color changes and they eventually die from it. Is this a common occurrence? Would a Rope Fish and Dragon Goby co-exist well?

I don't know if this affects anything but I have a halfmoon male betta in the tank as well and he stays near my Dragon Goby all the time, except to get air. Is he being protective over him or is this just because the Goby is always feeding on Shrimp Wafers on the bottom?

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on all this! Thanks in advance

One more question.

Will a 55 gallon be big enough to house the two fish? I know they both get to a pretty substantial size. I will have multiple caves throughout the tank to provide shelter for them as well as a heavy planted tank.

I plan on upping my H. rasbora school, which currently sits at 8 right now. My 20 high is overstocked but I do 2 weekly PWC's and have double filtration. No problems yet with ammonia spikes.

Both fish the rope and goby may evetually consume the rasboras so be careful. The larger the rope fish the bigger the mouth.

Both fish love earthworms and blackworms.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile126.html

Does it look like this? They are brackish so if you do want to mix the two you'll have to double check what levels of salinity you'll be able to keep them at, what I can find says rooe fish can handle only on the very low end. Also, dragon gobies need a certain diet and care that they're eating enough.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm aware of the Dragon goby care. He's really cool and he's been in my tank for almost 2 months now. I spot feed my goby cause the rasboras tear through my blood worms quite fast. So I'll get a clump and put it in his cave and give him a shrimp water in the middle of the day. I know they're very big eaters and you need to keep him fat and happy, which I do.

I'm not worried about the rope fish and the goby catching my rasboras because they're fast and my goby is not. They're extremely blind and my rasboras are not. I'll give the advantage to rasboras

Back
Top Bottom