Rope fish problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
I inherited a 8" ropefish from someone who needed to rehome him because he no longer wanted to keep fish. I was hesitant about taking him even though I've been dying to have one. Long story short I have him and he's nipped the fins off 2 danios and a guppy. Is this just temporary aggression? Is there something I can do to stop his aggression like mabey get another rope fish, feed him live worms, anything? I really love him and want to keep him but I love my hot pink danios also!

Also one of my dojo loaches is getting black spots on it, is this anything to worry about?

I also inherited a skunk loach who is currently in my qt tank along with an apollo shark. Ive never kept this loach before but I've read they're aggressive. Chances are I will have to adopt him out right? Or have people had luck keeping them in a community tank? He chases the shark around even though he's 1\4 of the size, brave little bugger!

Skunk loaches are mean little things, actually I sm sitting here watching my fat female swim in circles. Yes they do chase but honestly it's mostly each other never had them do any damage to anybody though n mine r in a community tank I have had them for a while. I don't know what to say about that ropefish are you positive it's the ropefish injuring the others? I have a single one in another community tank and it's the farthest thing from aggressive you could possibly be. Usually the concern with them is them getting enough food do to being not only shy but almost blind. So I really don't know whst to tell you there:(

Skunk loaches are mean little things, actually I sm sitting here watching my fat female swim in circles. Yes they do chase but honestly it's mostly each other never had them do any damage to anybody though n mine r in a community tank I have had them for a while. I don't know what to say about that ropefish are you positive it's the ropefish injuring the others? I have a single one in another community tank and it's the farthest thing from aggressive you could possibly be. Usually the concern with them is them getting enough food do to being not only shy but almost blind. So I really don't know whst to tell you there:(

I'm certain it's the rope fish, everybody else has been together for months with no issues and as soon as I put him in there's some fish missing fins. I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing till he proclaims himself as boss and the other fish just learn to stay away from him.

Rope fish may try to eat or chase your danios. I would remove one of them to prevent stress.

Back
Top Bottom