Ropefish in a 10g!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment it does follow the inch per gallon rule, so i'm not really sure why you're worried. :)

Lol that's awesome! Unless you actually think that rule still stands... But none the less I like the comment!

Yeah, I mean, we have all made stupid mistakes, I can guarantee it. I know I have, many, many times. And I would be fine telling them right here. People on here sometimes act like perfect fish keepers, and, the truth is, nobody is. You just have to learn from your mistakes.

Yeah, I mean, we have all made stupid mistakes, I can guarantee it. I know I have, many, many times. And I would be fine telling them right here. People on here sometimes act like perfect fish keepers, and, the truth is, nobody is. You just have to learn from your mistakes.

+1

I'v made plenty over the years and I'm sure ill make more. ;-)

+1

I'v made plenty over the years and I'm sure ill make more. ;-)

Me too! I just don't get how people can be so, I guess, two faced on here sometimes. I am just starting my first real tank, so I know I am going to mess that up too, but you just move on.

To the origional subject, I also saw a terrible purchase. I was talking to a lady who scored a 46 gallon bowfront, stand, lights, filter. Everything, the day before. She's in the store with her daughter and buys 3 mollies, 3 platys, 1 Cory, 1 black widow tetra, 1 kissing gourami, 10 rumynose tetras. And a clown loach. I was heart broken...

To the origional subject, I also saw a terrible purchase. I was talking to a lady who scored a 46 gallon bowfront, stand, lights, filter. Everything, the day before. She's in the store with her daughter and buys 3 mollies, 3 platys, 1 Cory, 1 black widow tetra, 1 kissing gourami, 10 rumynose tetras. And a clown loach. I was heart broken...

Did you say anything? I'm still wishy-washy on what I should do next time I see this. Or maybe I should talk to that LFS employee that I've made friendly with and "remind" him how big that Ropefish he sold will get, his diet needs and to hint that they are escape artists. I feel bad for the little girl that has fallen in love with a fish she won't be able to keep for more than a few months, if he lives at all.

i've seen similar things happen at the LFS near me and since i'm there all the time and i know a better majority of the employees by name i step in whenever i can just to share a lil bit of knowledge from what i read online or on this forum...

but i think the funniest thing thats actually happened to me there was on a weekend i was browsing, coming up with ideas for my 125 and 40Gb...

there was a man who had come in with his son and was looking at all sorts of fish but didn't yet have a tank and one of the employees i know actually tracked me down in the store and asked me to help answer the barrage of questions the man had... i couldn't stop laughing.

i'm glad i could help spare a few fish from a potentially dangerous living setup :) :)

I think the overwhelming truth is most people wouldn't have said anything at the time. I suspect some people wouldn't feel bad about it either.
I'd like to think if i had a good relationship with a staff member i may approach them afterwards but it would depend on how much respect i had for them and them for me.

Back
Top Bottom