Rose Anemone Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megos1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a rose anemone and a captive bred clownfish. My clownfish doesn't know what to do with the anemone so I went online to find supplemental foods for it. Now I feed my anemone a piece of shrimp 2 times a week. When I was looking up information online about them I noticed that all the rose anemone photos showed what looked like a bubble on the end of each of their tentacles...mine has this but it is very tiny. My anemone does have full color though.

Do you have any other recommendations as to what to feed so it may be healthier or should I just feed more often?

Thanks In Advance!
:D

Thats why the call them bubble tip anemones... I have a green BTA and it has no bubbles and I have seen Rose w/out them also. I think it has to do with lighting.

There are many thoughts on feeding.. Some say do not feed, the anemone gets what it needs from the lights. Others say twice a week some twice a month and it goes on and on.. I feed mine once or twice a month and he seems fine, has not moved sense I put him in the tank so he is happy.

What type of clown?? Not all clowns will host with BTA's.
I read a article on tanked raised clowns and they said that hosting is in there geans. It could take weeks or months for them to host others host in hours?
How long have they been together.

The clown is a true percula and I got the clown originally from a friend and then decided to get the anemone for him. They have since been together for about 2 or 3 months.

I have excellent lighting, so I didn't think that was the issue, my anemone moved around a bit when I first put it in the tank and now stays in it's spot and is happy as can be :D

The shrimp seems to be going over well b/c before I started hand feeding it, it lost all of it's color and became quite sick looking. Now the anemone has all of it's color back and seems to be doing well...except for it's lack of bubbles ... thanks for your help! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom