Rose bubble tip led lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Which would a 55g rose bubble tip anemone tank prefer.. Led full spectrum.. Or just plain blue and whites? And does anyone have the no name brand fixtures like taotronics . How do you like them?

But for a specific rbta's tank. Would rose bubble tips prefer full spectrum. Or more intense blue and white... Or even t5's??

I have the dimmable blue/whites over my 40b. My rbta are doing awesome!

It doesn't matter. Either will work fine. the colors are just for aesthetic purposes, they are not necessary for coral or anemone growth.

It doesn't matter. Either will work fine. the colors are just for aesthetic purposes, they are not necessary for coral or anemone growth.

You get photosynthesis with full-spectrum. As far as I know you corals need plenty of that? If I was you go with full-spectrum

What? Then how am I growing algae under my straight blue and white fixtures? How am I growing colorful corals and anemones?
Again, the colors are just for human enjoyment. Don't believe the hype.

Mr x. The full spectrums would work the same as the blue and whites? Just show me more color? Or will the anemones thrive better under just blue and whites? I'm thinking about trying the full spectrums. Just for the heck of it. But I want a crazy beautiful anemone tank for both me to enjoy. and my anemones to live in. What are your thoughts?

As MrX pointed out, it is the current fad to put red and green LEDs into a fixture and is for aesthetic purposes only. Adding red and green does not, in and of itself, make a fixture "full spectrum" regardless of what the marketing folk are shoving in your face this week.
White light is full spectrum, to some extent or another. Don't believe? Hold a prism up to one of your white LEDs.
Be aware that the red and green LEDs can be quite overbearing and should be used very sparingly with wide angle optics and, IMO, always on their own dimming channel. They, of course, make red look more red and green look more green. This doesn't mean the corals are actively using the light, it means it is being reflected so YOU can see it. In other words, a red object is red because that is the color spectrum it absorbs the least and the spectrum is being reflected, therefore you see a red object. They can also make other colors, and your whole tank, look like puke if you use too much.

Ok. I understand that. And now a question to go along with that. Will the rise by bubble tips enjoy the lights as much as us . Or would they prefer normal blue and whites. Think amemone. Which light would they prefer? I was told buy a lfs to get t5's . Should I ?

Both will be enough light for all your needs, what do you like and stick with that. If they are dimmable you will get the look you want out of the full spectrum or blues and white. I like the full spectrum better,once there dailed in you will be satisfied.

Different anemones like different amounts of PAR. The rose bubbles seem to acclimate faster to stronger light than the greens do, and long tentacle anemones are even more sensitive. Carpets seem to acclimate pretty quickly.

As for the multicolored units or the straight blue/white models, It's personal preference. I have both and I like the straight blue and white units better. I'm thinking of removing the red LEDs all together out of my multicolored unit. I feel it makes the tank look cloudy and washes out the reds, not makes them more vibrant.

Different anemones like different amounts of PAR. The rose bubbles seem to acclimate faster to stronger light than the greens do, and long tentacle anemones are even more sensitive. Carpets seem to acclimate pretty quickly.

As for the multicolored units or the straight blue/white models, It's personal preference. I have both and I like the straight blue and white units better. I'm thinking of removing the red LEDs all together out of my multicolored unit. I feel it makes the tank look cloudy and washes out the reds, not makes them more vibrant.

It is a color preference. There really is no such thing as a full spectrum LED. The sun is full spectrum. But most of those frequencies the coral and anemones ignores or reflects. That's why LEDs can look dimmer than MH, or the sun, but can still bleach corals if not cautious.

Having both fixtures I don't think the additional colors make much real difference in the end. Both look nice.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm going to post my next question on the best lighting for the buck page. Tune in! Lol

Back
Top Bottom