Rose Queen not eating! ;( HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konstandino

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I MOVED my RoseQueen from a 6 gallon tank to 20 gallon tank. She started growing and changing color fast. She was tiny when I got her. I know I should have a larger tank, but for now 20gal is better than 6gal.

Its been 2 days, she looks happier and balanced and calm less aggressive and swimming more. Her color looks vibrant (she transitioned from grayish to black, then orange/yellow in the older/smaller tank... Now she's a peachy/light pinkish tangerine.

Long story short, SHE WOULD EAT LIKE A MAD WOMAN! in the old tank. LIKE LITERALLY DEVOUR EVERYTHING AND SEARCH THE BOTTOM AND GO CRAZY FOR FOOD.

She hasn't eaten in 48 hours and i'm just concerned because its unusual of her. She just ignores the pellets and flakes. Perhaps she grabs a few that settle if I'm not looking but I don't know.

IS THIS NORMAL W/ A TANK TRANSITION SHOULD I BE CONCERNED? ;(

PLEASE HELP GUYS

DINO

The first photo is about 2 months after I got her. The second photo was taken yesterday. I've had her for 6 months now. I'm convinced it's a female but there is a small little shall I say "Pecker" sticking out from her bottom side so perhaps a male? Looks like female features but not sure.

P.S. I'm educating myself on the breed so please!!!! I'm open to advice and constructive criticism. HOW DOES THE NEW TANK LOOK? I'M OPEN to opinions and suggestions. I want this beauty of a fish to live a long life.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2953.jpg
    IMG_2953.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 65
Giver her a day and add some hiding places. Rocks plants etc. she feels vulnerable in the open water she's in.

Thank you! I tried offering her those luxuries before but the tank was so small. I have to spruce up the new tank and add a nice plant and a rock or two. Thank you for easing my mind. I appreciate it.

:fish2: Dino

Back
Top Bottom