Roseafolia fert needs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gallowchris

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all I have about six stems of Roseafolia, CO2, does with Excel, and Seachem Iron. Lighting is 3 watts per gallon. the growth of the plants for height is great but the fullness of the leaves is lacking. The plants are 18" tall. I have clipped the term buds and re-planted, great growth so far, but the mother plants still don't have much new growth on the stems, a couple side shoots. The stems are all at least 1.5" apart for lighting. Everything else in the tank is growing like crazy, in fact just had to give some away to a buddy. Being looking for specific fert needs for these beautiful plants without much luck. Any ideas? I read that they need iron, but also read in one place that potassium is a very good idea. Any thoughts?What do you do for them?

I have some alternanthera reinecki in my tank. It seems like the higher it grows, the more the bottom looks like crud. I like to keep mine around 6-8" tall, and simply discard the bottom and replant them.

I guess I'm not seeing what your issue is. Are you seeing any sort of deficiency issues? Also, pressurized CO2?

I have that same problem with the bottoms looking nasty, so i did what you do. Cut them down to a nice rooted part just below the good leaves. Also removed the terminal bud. Done this a few times before, so now i have about double the stems i had before.

While triming the plants and giving the leaves a cleaning of the string algea (my other thread) i did notice yellowing and holes. From my reading this can be cured with potassium. Went to Big Als (boxing week sale woohoo!) The other day and picked up Seachem Flourish Potassium, dosed accord to directions. Also i dose weekly with iron. Anything else I can do? I want big beautiful plants like the rest of mine :)

Forgot, co2 is the DIY which i just started a couple weeks ago and noticed a huge jump in growth (had massive growth before) now its awesome. Also the string algae slowed down. I am also triple dosing excel, lots of plants. Does the full blown system make that much difference? I just dont have the $$ to do it right now :(

Back
Top Bottom