Roseline shark (densons barb) questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herotilapia_Multispinosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
My dream world where fish is all that matters.
So I had three roselines and one got eaten by a Jack dempsey (did some research and moved them immediatly after ward.) these fish were kind of an impulse buy after seeing a sale at my lfs $5 for 3 when I've seen them go for around $70 why not right? Yesterday another one died so (unknown causes water was fine) maybe my severum got a hold of him? But idk I'm thinking of selling him to a different LFS how much trade in credit shoud I expect to recieve?

$5-10 maybe? With only trading in one, not sure you will even get that. If the LFS staff is competent, and they don't have a tankful of denison barbs to add it to, they won't take it. They are supposed to be kept in groups of 5+.

You can usually pick denison barbs up for much much less than $70. The price has lowered significantly as the fish have become more and more common in the hobby.

Here in LA, these fish sale for $12 to $15, maybe you are confusing them with other fish, I have never see them more than $15. I'm in South California.

I don't think that they will give you more than $5, but the important part is that doesn't belong to your tank, and will be better to return it.

They run about $20-30 here. SoCal is much cheaper for fish, tanks and equipment than the vast majority of the rest of the country.

$70+ is absolutely outrageous. Are you sure that isn't the price of the discus in that tank rather than the Denison's?

Back
Top Bottom