Roseline sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nostromo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank with a Aqua clear 70 and a Aqueon 75 filter currently have 2 Bolivian Rams with 6 Black Phantom Tetras, my water temp is at 78f, just wondering could I add these fish will they get along with everybody okay, would I have any issues with them I was thinking of getting 4 as I have only I a 55 gallon tank. My water is perfect no issues . I am in no rush to get them providing if you all say they would be okay with what I have it will be in the new year before I get them. Could I add 4 at once or should I add 2 one week then the other 2 in 2 weeks time any help or advice appreciated.

I would add 4 and then after a few weeks ad 4 more ;)

A 55 is perfectly fine for ~8 rosaline sharks, they wont bug the tetras or the rams and they are fast enough that the rams wont be able to catch them.

Only think I don't like about them is getting them out of the tank, they are 99.9% impossible to catch, so so so fast.

Keeping a lager group seems to keep them actively swimming, smaller groups seem to make them less active (in my experience with them anyway).

Usually they will stay in the bottom 3rd of the aquarium's water column, and they will not eat off the surface. So keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Thanks ZxC for your reply I have N.L.S.1 mm sinking pellets which I fed my Bolivian Rams would this size of pellet be okay to use or do I need a bigger size of pellets for them thanks

Thanks ZxC for your reply I have N.L.S.1 mm sinking pellets which I fed my Bolivian Rams would this size of pellet be okay to use or do I need a bigger size of pellets for them thanks

I think that food should work, I usually keep 2 or 3 kinds of food to make sure they are getting a balanced diet, a little of each or so.

I agree with ZxC that a large school of Denison Barbs / Roselines look great. I kept 6 of them together in a 65 gal. And they did well for about 5 yrs. That's when they all began to age out. The largest grew to 6" the smallest was 4". IMO my tank was a little cramped, being only three feet long. If your tank is a four foot 55 gal. Probably won't have an issue.

I have 11 in my 180..Great fish that will add that flash to any tank.
They love each others company so 8 is great !
They are omnivores so offer them vegetable pellets also..
You will see them rasping plants and rocks for algae often.
Offer them a strong current if you can..I run my 180 like a river tank with a crossflow gyre that blows water all the way across the tank with gusto.

Back
Top Bottom