Rotala indica, how to pink it up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tnfinfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so the stuff is growing really, really well. Loads of side shoots jutting out nearly horizontal, densely leafed, and creeping along the gravel horizontally which I'm reading it does under high light? What the what?! I guess the sun is responsible because it's surely not a single t8 doing this. All of the new growth is pretty green, though. Just a bit of pink in the highest tips. The whole plant was pinkish when I put it in so I know it isn't the green kind. Do I need to supplement iron or is the pinking all about light?

You need high light for that to happen, my crypts wendetii is also turning pinkish, but is in straight sight of the sun, you need pretty high light for that to happen

Besides high light and some extra iron I've found my non-green plants, which my tanks are loaded with, color up the best in low nitrate-high phosphate tanks. I run my tanks at 10ppm nitrates and 3-5ppm phosphate. You can research about how low nitrates and high phosphates help make it easier for plants to color up.

Back
Top Bottom