rotala wallichi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have any experience with this plant? I ordered a batch online, 7 stems and heard It's very hard to care for.

I have some and it was growing very nicely until I moved it to a larger tank. I trimmed it down and it's taking time to regrow. I have high light, DIY co2 and root tabs. I haven't had any issues with it yet.

Does it have It's nice colors? Okay if i ask for a pic?

It's a nice pink/light red color. Here's a pic

Attachments

• IMG_20120211_131920.jpg
    IMG_20120211_131920.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 73
Kharrnn said:
It's a nice pink/light red color. Here's a pic

Love it, looks nice! What all do you dose to keep it healthy? Will it do good in diy co2 and under 48w t5ho lighting?

I use Flourish root tabs and DIY co2 under 4x18w t5ho and eco-complete substrate. It was in a 10g with those conditions but is now in a 20g. It's started growing back in well and actually has more red in it than before.

Kharrnn said:
I use Flourish root tabs and DIY co2 under 4x18w t5ho and eco-complete substrate. It was in a 10g with those conditions but is now in a 20g. It's started growing back in well and actually has more red in it than before.

So it should grow well under what i have then? Yours look really nice, do you dose iron or any other liquid ferts to get It's pinkish color? Also what Ph and temp do they prefer? I've been reading a lot on this plant and been gettin mixed info.

I'm not very regular with dosing liquid ferts, but about once a week I do add iron, potassium and comprehensive ferts. Rotalla is more of a root feeder though so those ferts are more for my other plants.

What size is your tank?

Kharrnn said:
I'm not very regular with dosing liquid ferts, but about once a week I do add iron, potassium and comprehensive ferts. Rotalla is more of a root feeder though so those ferts are more for my other plants.

What size is your tank?

All rotala are root feeders?:eek: never knew that. I have a 36g bowfront.

I don't know if all are root feeders, but I know the R. Wallichii is.

Kharrnn said:
I don't know if all are root feeders, but I know the R. Wallichii is.

Well I have seachem tabs so that won't be a problem:)

Back
Top Bottom