Rubberlip plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Btw the tank has a relatively small footprint. It's 12 3/4 incessant by 48 inches so I'm not sure if that's good for a group of catfish.

Ok this is a little off subject but I just finished putting in my sand and I have like four inches in places. How deep is it supposed to be because I think that I may have put in too much.

Yeah that's quite a bit. 2 inches all over is plenty. But if your gonna put In rocks make sure the big ones arent resting on the sand.

Ok thanks, back to the original point.

Now that I have some ideas for my bottom dwellers I would like to know if their are any compatible fish that would live in the upper strata, or would the cichlids do this themselves. (The tank is two feet tall so I want to make sure that fish are swimming all over the place)

So I'm going to be building the rock work and was having trouble getting it to reach any real height. Would it work to only have it go halfway and add some tall plants for higher up territories? Also I was looking at "cichlid stones". Their real nice but really pricey. Where's the best place to buy them?

Saw a photo of your tank, looks great!

Thank you! You saw the 150 right? Not the 55 gal on My profile. I was worried about the same things as you because my tank is 30 some odd inches tall. But my fish swim all over the place. As far as the Cichlid stones go I don't know the best place because I've never bought any but I'd suggest Amazon. Now do you want real or fake plants?

Yeah, I saw the 150. It looks awesome! Here's a photo of what I have so far for my tank. Understandably I don't think it goes high enough. I have a few more rocks but they are starting to get hard to stack. Do you think that they'd swim everywhere if I added some tall plants?

Attachments

• image-2072763210.jpg
    image-2072763210.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2730296387.jpg
    image-2730296387.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 75
If you add any plants they will probably get eaten. Except maybe onion plant. But if possible I'd get some holey rock like I have. The fish love it. I think they will swim more towards the top than you think. What are you looking at for your stock list?

For stock I was thinking

x1cobalt blue cichlid
x1 red zebra
A group of yellow labs
A group of rusties
Possibly a bumblebee cichlid
And some type of catfish

I forgot to say that since I am on a limited budget I will only do fake plants for now with the possible exception of some java moss. (I heard that it doesn't even need fertilizer) I have a java fern and small anubias in my ten gallon so I might transplant one of them at a later date.

We had one in our twenty eight (yes I know it's too small) with a yellow lab and he wouldn't leave the poor guy alone. We had too eventually get rid of him. I was just wondering if one would be less aggressive in a larger tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom