Rummmy nose disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donna541

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys need some advice ... Tank cycled all good with the water had 4 guppies and got 3 rummy nose tetras.. 3 weeks later 2 of the rnt got ich or so i thought ... so i got a product called esha exit and treated the tank as directed for 3 days done a pwc and the ich ?? was still present so i increased the temp in the tank gradually and dosed the tank for another 3 days ... The 2rnt with ich ?? have died and all the guppies have died 2 :-( I moved the remaining rnt (not showing signs of ich?? to another empty tank...) I have removed all the water from the 110 litre tank bar 20-30 litres cranked the temp up as high as it will go and been adding salt and esha exit ... How long do u think I need to keep the tank like this ?? And will I need to re-cycle my tank again ?? Ur input will be greatly received

If your tank is empty, no fish. then the best thing is to sanitize it. I would try to boil the gravel or at least run it under some really hot water. Bleach your tank with a mix of water and bleach rinse and then let it sun dry for a day. do the same with any decorations.

Back
Top Bottom