Rummys freak out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my rummys freak out when I turn on the light... Ive mostly been leaving the light off bc it makes the temp go up. I'm planning on buying some of those screw in florecent bulbs . Will this help with heat? Also will they ever get used to
The light and would switching bulbs be ok? I know it'll be better in the long run . I've only had them a little over a week ...

What's in there now, incandescents? CF screw in bulbs definitely run cooler than those IME. Switching bulbs would be a good idea.

severum mama said:
What's in there now, incandescents? CF screw in bulbs definitely run cooler than those IME. Switching bulbs would be a good idea.

Yeah stupid hot incadescents!!! Lol I thought so to tanks severum mama :) my tank is like 76 and the lights make it go up to almost 80 grrr... New bulbs are in my future :D I think I'll go today!! Lol

Hey flossie, no worries on the light issue. My neons take cover live dive bombers behind The Rock; it's funny as err... heck.

Every morning the fish are like: OMG! It's... It's The LIGHT!!! Run awaaay!

Two minutes later, they pop out, all cool and like: "What? We didn't hide. Quit laughin' "

-Mac- said:
Hey flossie, no worries on the light issue. My neons take cover live dive bombers behind The Rock; it's funny as err... heck.

Every morning the fish are like: OMG! It's... It's The LIGHT!!! Run awaaay!

Two minutes later, they pop out, all cool and like: "What? We didn't hide. Quit laughin' "

Lol lol!!! Rummynose are so sensitive and I didn't know til I brought them home. They've been hiding a week... Even when I try and fee them

have the plants filled in as yet? My gang do spend a fair bit of their day in the plants. They come out, do a few laps, then, back in rotalla behind the rock, 20 mins later, same deal. out for 5 in for 20.

the rotalla is a good choice because they feel so safe, and when they just want a little cover, I have ludwigia, which is more open.

Last edited:
-Mac- said:
have the plants filled in as yet? My gang do spend a fair bit of their day in the plants. They come out, do a few laps, then, back in rotalla behind the rock, 20 mins later, same deal. out for 5 in for 20.

the rotalla is a good choice because they feel so safe, and when they just want a little cover, I have ludwigia, which is more open.

Well I'm not as cool as u... Lol I just have fake plants but it's planted well.... Omg!! I'm telling u one of them can jump crazy and they try to hide in the sand and everything when the lights come on! It's insane!!!!!!!

-Mac- said:

See this is their home.... So plenty of hiding space. I do have only one Cory which is sad but idk if I can fit three with 7 rummynose in a ten. I love the little cory... I'm still hoping for one more BIG tank for a community... Fingers crossed :)

Attachments

• image-3242742864.jpg
    image-3242742864.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom