Runt Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltair

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there such a thing as a runt fish? I have a white mickey mouse Platy that is like a kid with a "condition". I know she isn't right, but cant really figure what is wrong. I cycled the tank with her and some others in it, but she didn't make it through. She ended up in QT with Fin Rot, treated with clean water and melafix and returned to cycled tank. Water parameters are great, 0-0-5, but she will have clamped fins one day and seem fine the next. She is thinner than the others. One day the poo is stringy I fast them and she is fine. Anybody else have a fish that just doesn't seem right no matter what you do?

Meh a couple of years ago I bought 5 black neon tetras and they threw in a 6th because he didn't have a tail and was just going to be fish food...Well I have 2 of the 6 left and the one without the tail is still there...he doesn't move very fast though... :D

I have a black molly that seems to be deformed. The siblings all came out fine but she has a strange shape.. I don't know how else to put it. She never grew as fast. Granted she has been alive for 2 years and doesn't seem to have any issues or complications. Very active. But I'm still convinced she's kind of a runt.

Back
Top Bottom