S repens dying, why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive had some s repens in a small tank with good substrate packed with nutrients and ive been dosing flourish excel and flourish trace. Its been in here for about a week and looks like its dying. Anyone know why?? Pottasium shortage, iron shortage? My light is 11 watts for a 5.5 gallon tank and my dwarf baby tears seem to be doing fine so im not sure if its the light being too low. Please let me know. Thanks for your advice. 20170821_215921.jpg20170821_215914.jpg1503377944855.jpg

Looks like it's just the lower leaves so I'd say it's a lack of light. However if the plants were grown emersed when you brought them then they will likely melt abit

Depends, if they were infact emersed grown then yea they will be fine and you will just loose most of the leaves and new ones will shoot. If you have a lack in lighting (doubtful if u can grow HC) then the whole plant will go brown and die and you won't see any new growth at all

Ah, thanks for the comforting advice there lol, it came in a pot from buceplant so Im not sure if it was grown emersed or not but I think it definitely could have been. Thanks for the help.

Ah, thanks for the comforting advice there lol, it came in a pot from buceplant so Im not sure if it was grown emersed or not but I think it definitely could have been. Thanks for the help.

The leaf structure looks abit more rounded than mine so I'd say your on the money [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom