sabae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pluk1992

Aquarium Advice Activist
just bought a huge sabae anemome and its doing well so far will percs host in them its acclimating well so far turning brown i heard thats a sign of it doing good is this true

I've had a sebae host false percs. There are no guarantees though that your clowns will care about the anemone or not. As for the color, if it's darkening, that could be that it's gaining it's zooxanthellae. Most white sebae are bleached and shouldn't be that stark white color. How long have you had the anemone?

i have been doing a lot of reading on anemones lately, and from what i read, the dark green or brown sebae's are the healthiest. what fluff said is right (as usual) and the white ones are usually bleached or dying.

sebae's are the anemone that will host the most types of clowns, but it is always a gamble, as your clown and anemone might never get together.

also, you might want to indicate what your tank size is and what your lighting situation is...

~mike

30 gal and pc 1x96 all my levels are great tank has been up for a year now i have had a rock anemome for 6 months now thought i d give the sabae a try had the sabae for a week now its huge and only 25 dollars so i took a chance and it s paying off for now

one other thing to note is that anemones will usually fight each other with waterbound toxins. if you have two anemones in that small of a tank, they will likely kill each other, or maybe only one will perish.

~mike

Size may not indicate health, it is known that they may expand to increase their surface area, in turn allowing themselves to capture more light (although this also may indicate that even with the expansion it can't get enough light).

I would monitor it very closely, color will be your best indication of healthy. Under that PC light, I would expect it to turn a darker brown (except for the purple tips)....and I would make sure to compensate with small bits of meaty seafood once or twice a week to compensate for any lack of light and help bring it back to health because if very bleached there is a obviously not much food being produced by zooxanthellae.

Back
Top Bottom