Sad day, came home to 3 dead fish :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well today was a shocker. I got home and 3 of my 4 Zebra Dannios were dead :( not sure what caused it really. Last night I did a gravel cleaning and 25% water change and bam, today that happens. Rest of the fish are fine and zipping around the tank like kids on a playground. Thought maybe it was the water but nope. Ammonia is at .05 (never goes any higher or lower) and PH is at 8.0. Kinda weird because Ive had them for 2 months and they were always fine. Its a conspiracy I tell ya!

foods not that old, only 2 months. I bought a big container of it when I upgraded my tank.

I dunno, could have just been a bad batch. Zebra danios are, like many other species, overbred.

yeah I wasnt too too bummed about it. I got them for like 1.50 each so its not a terrible loss. I was just like "aww suck" because it was just surprising for it to happen after 2 months of no problems. The remaining Dannio, 2 clown barbs, 2 cherry barbs and the dinosaur bicir are happy and definitely enjoying their new plants and extra swimming room :)

That happened to me once. Fine that morning, come home to every fish in the tank dead but one! I think they died because i got some sick cories, since all was well till they showed up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom