Sad day OB has to go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have tried 3 times to add my ob peacock to my main tank all attempts have been unsuccessful. On previous attempts he would have one or 2 tormentors and would have to be removed. Well today I did a 30% water change and moved some rocks around when I added him (lights off) also added a sunshine peacock as well. The sunshine is fine but within 5 minutes my ob was being chased by almost every fish in the tank. I abruptly put him back in my 29g and am now going to have to find him a new home this weekend. It's a shame because he really is a beautiful fish and one of my favorites but I really have no other options at this point.
Short vid of the bullying
Ob peacock - YouTube

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394236728.190568.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394236751.008456.jpg

What kind if fishes do you have in your main tank

It's normal to chase new fishes as long as you dnt see any signs of aggression like torn fins you'll be fine id more rocks or ornaments remember cichlids are territorial and how many gall is your tank

I have 75g a mix of peacocks and mbuna (mbuna are smaller than most of the peacocks to curb the aggression) I have added several other fish as I'm in the beginning stages of setting this up as an all male show tank but for some reason this OB sets off the rest of my fish. Last time I tried him in there within an hour he took a beating and was floating sideways cowering at the top of the tank. That was a few weeks ago. This time they were distracted for a few minutes by the water change but soon discovered him and instead of the top 2 fish chasing him like the first 2 times I tried putting him in there I had 5-6 fish attacking him. Guess it is just not meant to be. It's funny though no other fish I have added recently has had any real problems. A little bit of chasing then they leave them alone.

I am having the same problem with my OB no matter where he goes every fish chases him

Try adding like 3 fishes at the same time that will disperse the aggression move all the decor around and definitely more ornaments

Back
Top Bottom