Sadly I Have to quit my hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have spent a lot of time with my 46g reeftank. I love the hobby. Unfortunately my wife left me and I am getting Divorced. I don't have the time or money to invest into the hobby anymore. I haven't even done a PWC in over a month (everything is still healthy) I have put over $3000 into the reef display. I have lots of cool stuff which is pictured in my profile. I know there isn't anybody in my area Yakima WA but I am willing to say goodbye for $400 Its a steal another $60 for the RO/DI unit If anybody wants to venture my way I don't really have time for shipping stuff. My wife took everything I own except the diningroom table and some dishes. I have to repurchase an entire house of stuff. Along with the fact I have to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy and let my house forclose and give it and my car back to the bank since I am upside down in what I owe to what its worth. The Messed up part is we spent all 2008 planning a wedding and were Married July 2008 and committed the rest of our lives together but she wasn't happy. Figuers. So thanks to everyone who helped me out especially KurtNelson, MsBeanCtr, Melosu58, LonewolfBlue, Neilanh, CCapt, and everyone else I didn't mention.

Ohh, im soo sorry. You are in quite a perdicament. I wish i could help, but sadly i can't.

Oh man. Really sorry to hear that Adam. Keep your chin up. I hope things work out for you.

Don't give up your tank unless you have absolutely no choice. It's a great stress reliever and a wonderful hobby. For the money you are asking and you'll get, don't sell! My son's 12 gallon has seen him through some pretty rough times. It gives your brain something else to think about. At least give it a little time and think about it.

I feel for you, this will be a tough road (coming from exp.). Keep your priorities in check and your family close; Where there's a will there's a way so don't give up your dreams.

I just went through the same thing 4 years ago....I kept my tank even after 3 moves in 1 year. Good luck to you and I wish you the best. Keep your head and your Pride up HIGH!

I really hate to hear that you are having a tough time. I wish you and your family the best. I hope that 2009 brings you better fortune!

I`m sorry Fiji. That`s just terrible. If you ever need anyone to talk to you know where we are at. Good Luck and best wishes.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!!! :( I'm so sorry about the loss and having to get rid of your tank. Good luck, I hope everything works out well for you.

Back
Top Bottom