Sadness- Have to Break Down My 55g..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
My mother came to the conclusion that she only likes taking care of the smaller tanks while I'm at school. So, she told me to break down the newer 55g (we had an older one that had run in my room for about five years that we took down just before I went to college) leaving only the 20g hex, the 10g home for my goldfish, and the mini-tanks (and the saltwater tank, which I personally find more time consuming maintanence-wise than the 55g, but it's not my place to argue :p).

The good part about this is that I will be able to wash and reuse most of the decor from the 55g in the 120g river system I'm setting up at school in September...but the bad part is that I will have to get rid of all my big fish. :( The two newer angelfish were coming along very nicely, and of course I won't be able to have any more monster plecostomus or clown loach fatties. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the kriblets, though I imagine I can transfer them to other tanks either here or at school.

The tank itself is going to go into storage (along with the other 55g and a 30g), which I personally think is very kind of my parents. They're saving all the big tanks and stands for me so that when I have my own place I can set them all back up again. The fish are going to go to my favorite LFS for credit. I'm sure they'll be able to find good homes for them.

Definitely gonna miss my plecos, though. :(

I have five "common plecostomus" (various actual species, I would wager) in total- I have one smaller one in the 20g hex but now I won't be able to move it as it grows so it has to go too. The only pleco that will remain is a clown pleco, the cutest pleco I never ever see. :) My big plecos are at 8.5", 7.5", 6.5", and 6" SL respectively. Nothing like the largest pleco I ever cared for (this 1.5' monstrosity :p
plecogiant1.jpg
), but still a big, rowdy bunch. Great fish really. =)

Well sorry to hear about the tank coming down, but I guess it is an okay trade for higher education! Someday you will be in your own digs with all your tanks up and running. Will any of your LFS take the fish?

Back
Top Bottom