Safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

River

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, a few weeks ago I came here for advice for my old sick Betta, who sadly passed away, even after trying to treat him for Velvet.

I would like to get another Betta eventually, so I cleaned the tank, and I'd like to make sure i've cleaned it thoroughly. So I washed the whole tank in plain white natural vinegar, just vinegar and rinsed. After I mixed Hot water with vinegar and let the tank soak for about 3 days. After It was rinsed I again washed it in pure vinegar, then rinsed until the smell was gone. Once that was done, I filled the Tank with hot water and added aquarium salt, which I'm gonna let sit for a day before rinsing and rinsing and then starting my cycle again... so... xD it should be good... no? I know it might seem a little extreme, but I really want to make sure it is really disinfected.:thanks:

If you want to be sure I would have bleached.
Vinegar removes hard water stains..Kills things???I have never seen vinegar used to treat anything disease wise?

Vinegar is a disinfectant, it cleans things (bacteria, germs ect..) that's why I used it. My tank is acrylic, that's why I didn't use bleach, I was told it might seep into the plastic.:confused: I don't know xD

Back
Top Bottom