Salinity levels???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
What do you keep your tank at? What's a good number. I just took mine it's at 1.024 I thought that was low no?

Side note where can I get a good refracto for a decent price? Hydro is done with everything in my tank I wanna be sure now.

1.026 is the natural salinity of sea water. I keep mine around 1.025 1.026 consistently.

BRS has a decent refractometer:
Refractometer for reading salinity w/ Free Calibration fluid - English

What I like about it, and what I wish I had known before i purchased mine from Marine Depot, is that the BRS model comes with calibration fluid. This is a must since it seems most manufacturers don't calibrate them for you.

AquaRick said:
1.026 is the natural salinity of sea water. I keep mine around 1.025 1.026 consistently.

BRS has a decent refractometer:
Refractometer for reading salinity w/ Free Calibration fluid - English

What I like about it, and what I wish I had known before i purchased mine from Marine Depot, is that the BRS model comes with calibration fluid. This is a must since it seems most manufacturers don't calibrate them for you.

Wow! As always a huge help Rick!! Wanna keep my tank as on spot as possible. Will be ordering this right now.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom