Salinity Rising?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just can't figure it out. Why is my Salinity rising? I mix my water to 1.23 Salinity. I mix it in a bucket and let it sit for a few days before I do a water change.

I was just buying my water at the LFS, but they stop selling it. The water was always at 1.24 Salinity.

As of right now my Salinity is at 1.26. I don't get it, shouldn't it be around the 1.24 or 1.23 mark? I don't top off with Saltwater, I top off with R/O freshwater. I use R/O water when I do water changes. I only use R/O water.

I than test my tank and the Salinity is at 1.26. Why would that be? I let my water sit for a few days before I change it. I mix and let it sit. I test the water before I put it into the tank and it would be at 1.23. Than once it's in the tank it's at 1.26.

I even did a 10% water change with just freshwater and it didn't help. It's still at 1.26. I don't get it. I thought my meter was broken, but it gives me correct readings for everything else.

bring a sample to your lfs they usually test water for free and most have a refractometer hope this helps best of luck

Back
Top Bottom