sand sifting star won't sift?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirfishmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have had this sand sifter for 8 months...it never goes to the other side of the tank....does this mean its food source is adequate on that side? or do they not journey far?

he is doing well considering he got almost eaten by a hermit, thought i would not make it but its thriving still

doug

It could be that he just doesn't have to go far and is lazy. I wouldn't crawl all over town if I could find food in my own house.

It may be doing it's moving at night. Mine comes out after the day lights go off and remains burried for most of the day.

I rarely see mine and I actually moved him last night about 6 inches from one spot to another. "He" then got up and moved back to the orginal postion and buried himself. Its probably moving at night and likes a certian daytime position. What is the shade/cover like in that area?

Yes, they usually prefer a certain spot to digest their food, which is usually done while buried under the sand. They also do most of their work at night, and are often rarely seen during the day doing anything besides just milling around. This has been my experience with these guys.

Back
Top Bottom