Sand sifting star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently got a sand sifting starfish for my 100 gallon tank. I have about a 4-5 inch sand bed and thought it would make a good addition. Now that I have been reading more about them it seems like it is almost impossible to keep them and that they starve in almost any tank. My tank has been up for over a year now and all my fish and corals are doing good I guess I may have made a mistake with the starfish though. Is there anything I can do to try and keep the starfish alive and healthy?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It was from live aquaria I don't think I can ship it back to them. Just hate to see it die. Guess I can call around and see if anyone would take it. Little disappointed that live aquaria donsnt even say a minimum tank size. Figured it would be fine. Lesson learned do more research.

Yeah. Unfortunately they are one of those animals that should be left in the oceans

I kept a pair alive in my 300 for about two years. Lots of work and in the end they still didn't survive. Throw them back into the ocean...

I've had mine for 4 months and is doubled in size. Never had any problems fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom