Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettaorr

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just switched from gravel to sand anyone know how long it takes for the cloudyness to go away in my 1 gallon it wa only an hour but this is a 30 gallon

One day at most if you have a filter doing at least 50 gallons an hour, and most are 100 gallons an hour. If you have a bad filter or no filter it could be a week, if gravity is all thats settling it. If you used just beCh sand type stuff it will be faster than if you used fluorite. Did you rinse it? If not it could double the time. I rinse it in a bucket til the water comes out clear wih no sand particles.
Good luck! ????

One day at most if you have a filter doing at least 50 gallons an hour, and most are 100 gallons an hour. If you have a bad filter or no filter it could be a week, if gravity is all thats settling it. If you used just beCh sand type stuff it will be faster than if you used fluorite. Did you rinse it? If not it could double the time. I rinse it in a bucket til the water comes out clear wih no sand particles.
Good luck! ddc1fddc20ddc1fddc20

It's almost clear now I did rinse it it took about 2 hours to do it all I have my bubble wall going and I have a aqua clear 500 it's 100+ gallons an hour so I'm hoping by morning it will be clear

Also it was plays and from home depo since no where sold pool filter sand

I switched my 29 gal to sand I used play sad from Home Depot and rinsed it til it looked clear and it only took a few hours for sand to settle

image-1365242458.jpg

Just done today at around 2

Back
Top Bottom