Sapphire rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So all of the females look ready to pop and the breeding tubes are dropped, but sadly there is no sign of interest from the male, maybe he's defective :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He is definitely not defective he has spawned with 2 females and is bouncing back and forth fertilizing and defending the 2 sites.

He's trying to kill me, I don't have enough space right now if any eggs make it.

He obviously never read any material on his species.

Last edited by a moderator:
The eggs are gone today(sweet) but apparently the male learned a tough lesson about messing with more than 1 female, he's a little beat up today.

We're spoiled by the good parenting of apistos gillie.. my gbrs are aweful.. she guards the eggs for 2 days straight and he gets the hungry horrors after to much metricide... I may try a 10.gal growout for street cred on the boards:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We're spoiled by the good parenting of apistos gillie.. my gbrs are aweful.. she guards the eggs for 2 days straight and he gets the hungry horrors after to much metricide... I may try a 10.gal growout for street cred on the boards:p

Yeah I didn't really want to raise any fry yet anyway. I've been there done that with artificial hatching and I'm not real fond of it.

Yeah I didn't really want to raise any fry yet anyway. I've been there done that with artificial hatching and I'm not real fond of it.

who am I kidding.. I'm not going to add an extra 4 hours of maintenance a week.. I like the sneaky fry.. they pop up 2.months later.. like heyyyyy

who am I kidding.. I'm not going to add an extra 4 hours of maintenance a week.. I like the sneaky fry.. they pop up 2.months later.. like heyyyyy

Exactly, it's more fun to see things the way nature intended anyway.

Wow... that's some coveted real estate there:)

Nice! She dropped right on the floramax and in the front of the tank?

Yes she did! The other 2 females chose driftwood, I've never seen a ram spawn on the substrate.

Wow... that's some coveted real estate there:)

Oh it is more than you know. Think the bitaeniata are under the wood right behind them.

Yes she did! The other 2 females chose driftwood, I've never seen a ram spawn on the substrate.

Oh it is more than you know. Think the bitaeniata are under the wood right behind them.

Haha.. that's gotta be an interesting tank! The night I brought my new fem. Gbr home they cleared a pit in the sand, eggs were stuck to a flat rock though... one of them thought it was a good idea though!

Haha.. that's gotta be an interesting tank! The night I brought my new fem. Gbr home they cleared a pit in the sand, eggs were stuck to a flat rock though... one of them thought it was a good idea though!

Flat rocks are normally their chosen sites, but usually any flat surface will do.

It won't be too interesting for long I'm clearing some space so the apistos are being rehomed Saturday and the rams will have the run of the tank.

You will not be putting said apistos to pasture for rams will you:p

Yes and no, the apistos are going to a friend that has space to keep up with babies and I need tank space for this blue eye project.

Yes and no, the apistos are going to a friend that has space to keep up with babies and I need tank space for this blue eye project.

Blue eye plecos?

Back
Top Bottom